Where to Start: Signs of a Priestly Vocation
What are some signs of a priestly vocation? What are some of the things to take notice of in your life? The list below provides some clues, but it is in no way exhaustive. Do some (all) of these apply to you? Contact Fr. Carl Fisette to discuss these signs and the desire which God has placed in your heart in more detail.
- You are a prayerful person
- Enjoy participating in the Mass
- A personal relationship with God is important to you
- Enjoy adoration and religious events
- Enjoy learning more about God, Jesus, the Faith, Church, Mass, Saints
- Like to read the Bible, hear and study Bible stories
- Involved in parish activities (lector, server, musician, youth ministry, etc.)
- Have a desire to help others; thinking about a helping profession
- Enjoy activities that assist the poor and sick, such as collecting food, working in soup kitchen, hospital volunteer, nursing home visits
- Want to do something with your life that "makes a difference"
- Admire your parish priests and the work they do
- Have an interest in just what a priest does each day
- The thought of becoming a priest keeps coming back over and over again\
- Others have told you that you would make a good priest
If some of these statements reflect how you feel, if your heart is pounding even harder, if you sense a greater desire to find out if God is calling you to the priesthood, get in touch with Fr. Fisette or Fr. Murphy! Have no fear, the Lord wants only what is best for you and we want to help you discern what that might be.